Joy is not the absense of trouble but the presence of Christ. William Vander Hoven

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Amazing Bella

 

I have so much to catch up on, that it all overwhelms me a bit :)

We are still busy, busy, busy getting settled into the new house.  The past few days I have been held up in the school room/office room.  Now if I could only find the printer cord I could call it done!  LOL!  I do have a little more painting to do, but it has come together very nicely (not bad at all for a dark paneled room that was used for storage for the past 12 years).  It is a bright yellow color now, feels twice as big and makes a great room we will love to hang out in for hours each day :)  I can sit at my desk and see the pool too, which just totally thrills me!

IMG_1843

Anyway, I will start by talking about Bella.  This picture is the rental house, but she was unsure about what all was going on with the boxes and then she got quite freaked out when some furniture was missing after our first run. She did handle this move far better than the last one which was a blessing for sure.

Bella is a happy dog, but since moving out to the country we have seen Bella the happiest I could ever imagine!!  It’s still cool enough that she is loving being outside.  I was concerned about there not being a fence here, but she has done beautifully here.  She roams some  In fact, our neighbor from church stopped by this evening (her granddaughter was here playing with the the girls) and said Bella came to visit them yesterday.  So she is roaming some, but for the most part when I search for her from window to window I usually find here somewhere on the property. 

We had the movers on a Tuesday (March 26th) and that was our first night in the new house.  We took Bella and the cats over that evening.  She was off leash from the beginning and wondered a little.  She came in for the night and then out in the morning the next two days and I kept an eye on her while working around the house.  I did have to go out a few times, and she did great when I left and was here when I came back.  I was amazed at how calm I was about it to be honest!  To my even great surprise, we had to go out of town Friday and came back late Sat. night.  I was planning on taking her back to the fenced yard at the rental, but knew she would feel dumped as it didn’t feel like home there anymore.  We decided to leave her here!!  A good friend of ours lives around the corner and she came the first night and let her in for the night.  Then another friend came the following day to let her out and she was great! 

Since moving in we have not put her on a leash to walk her.  I am curious to see what her reaction will be when we do that again.  For now, we are just too busy here and she is getting more exercise then ever!  That dog is HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY!!

No comments:

"Joy is not the absence of trouble but the presence of Christ." William Vander Hoven
As for me and my blog we will serve the Lord :)