Joy is not the absense of trouble but the presence of Christ. William Vander Hoven

Thursday, September 30, 2010

In the Big GIant Shower....

We had to put down on our sweet Sassy cat on 9-29-10.
She was 16 years old and had hyperthyroidism and we are fortunate to have had her for as long as we did!! Her kidneys were going and she wasn't to the point of suffering, thank God, and we would never have allowed her to suffer! I stayed with her until the end and I know the last things she heard was my voice and felt my touch. We miss her though!!!



Every night we had the same routine---I would go to the bathroom to get ready for bed and she would follow me in and I would give her medicine to her. Then we went to the bed where she patiently waited for me to get settled and then I would say "come on Sassy" and she would jump up and settle down on my pillow and purr me to sleep. It was very strange last night going to bed without her and I didn't like it one bit!!


Sassy adored being outside. She ate grass and loved to lay in the grass. She didn't often wonder away, just stayed close by enjoying the outdoors. She liked to be in at night though. She always had to be with you in the bathroom---for whatever reason, she was right there no matter time of the night you had to get up, she was rubbing against your legs :) Also, she waited every time you took a shower so as soon as you got done she wanted in to drink the water from the floor. If you were taking a longer time in the shower she would meow and let you know it!! That was one of her favorite times of the day! Even on her last day, she got in the shower after Mike in the morning, but bless her heart, she was so worn out that she laid down in the shower to rest.

We will miss her terribly, but we trust that we will see her again one day. For now, she is running in Heavenly grass and going in to the big giant shower up in Heaven.....

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

"Joy is not the absence of trouble but the presence of Christ." William Vander Hoven
As for me and my blog we will serve the Lord :)