Joy is not the absense of trouble but the presence of Christ. William Vander Hoven

Friday, September 17, 2010

The Battle For Decatur

We went to a Civil War Reenactment of the Battle for Decatur Al. I can't tell you much about that battle actually. They had booklets they were giving out, but they were all out when we got there. I do know it lasted 4 days, but that is about it, but I figure we will be back again and will learn more.... Of course, I could look it up online, but I'm not that motivated at the moment for that :)


We tried old fashioned Birch Beer, Root Beer and Cream Soda----yummy. Different then nowadays, and better I think.


When we were going through their camp they had an authentic old time camera. Amazing! We held up my phone and camera to it and were amazed at how far we have come. I can't even imagine what the girls will hold up next to it when they are adults!!


These are real worker mules. Sweet as can be. It was warm this day and these mules didn't even break a sweat with carting all the reenactors around. The owner said he uses them for their fields and to drag and pull heavy things and they are great workers.

No comments:

"Joy is not the absence of trouble but the presence of Christ." William Vander Hoven
As for me and my blog we will serve the Lord :)