Joy is not the absense of trouble but the presence of Christ. William Vander Hoven

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Turtle Creek


Our Homeschool group always goes to Turtle Creek Nature Preserve and I wanted to go with Mike first to make sure I felt safe going without him. I knew there was a natural "slide" and an undercurrent. My kids are good swimmers, but I don't know if they are strong swimmers---so this was our test run there.


The girls did not have a tube or anything to go down the "slide" with, but they went down a couple of times on their butts. The bottoms is so slick though and at the end it is difficult to stand up. I did not get a picture of that as I was too busy praying and panicking :)


After that we made them stay in the shallow end, which really wasn't a ton of fun for them (sorry kids---the important thing is you are ALIVE).


The kids wore socks in the water (as did everyone else) to help grip. They say this works even better than swim shoes). What a mess those socks are now :)

Bottom line---for the most part we enjoyed our time there---it is very beautiful for sure!!! We really have no desire to go back for swimming though---we'll just go to the pool. I was nervous and couldn't relax with the thought of water moccasins, under currents and who knows what else in that water---plus the sharp and unpredictable rocks.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

"Joy is not the absence of trouble but the presence of Christ." William Vander Hoven
As for me and my blog we will serve the Lord :)