Joy is not the absense of trouble but the presence of Christ. William Vander Hoven

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

CC Geo Camp

I had my parent practicum for Classical Conversations this past week. It was for 3 days and was great!!! In the mornings we listened to speakers and then in the afternoon I had tutor training which was very helpful!!

During that time the girls were in camp. Lucy had a writing camp which was a good jump start on her IEW lessons she will be doing this year both in CC (during Essentials) and at home. She was not thrilled about writing camp, and I can't say that I blame her as it didn't sound like the best camp ever, but she LOVED it!!!! It brought so much together for her with parts of speech, writing style and creative writing. She enjoyed all the kids she met and many of them will be a part of the CC community we have joined.


Clara was in Geography camp getting a jump start on Europe. Her camp was for age 6-8, but after much consideration and prayer I decided to put her in that even though she is 5. She did great and it was the right decision. She had a great time and she keeps coming up with little tid bits. For instance, we were eating turkey yesterday and she said---"I know Turkey----it's a country." We laughed and explained the difference :)


Each day they traced different countries and on the last day they presented their beautiful pictures and sang their songs of all the countries in Europe :) As you can see Clara was VERY proud of hers!!!


Here she is singing with her classmates. It was a tough song, and she didn't get it all, but she will and she did a great job!!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

"Joy is not the absence of trouble but the presence of Christ." William Vander Hoven
As for me and my blog we will serve the Lord :)