Joy is not the absense of trouble but the presence of Christ. William Vander Hoven

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Chimney Rock

The girls were so excited to finally get to go to Chimney Rock! It was like we were on top of the world here :) When Jesus returns, that will be a great place to watch from :)


Lucy perched high atop a mountain!

I was a little nervous while we were here, I kept imagining the kids rolling down the mountain, falling off rocks or cliffs, or some other horrible thing happening. Thank God we had no incident while there, but I sure did pray the whole time!

This was a little cave like alcove that was cool.


This trail led to this waterfall which was super cool! It was worth the hike :) It wasn't super hot when we were there, so we didn't go diving into the water, but on a hot day I bet this is the place to be!!


About two weeks after our visit a little 2 year old boy was killed at Chimney Rock by falling off a bridge/cliff on a different trail then we were on. I pray for that family to have comfort and be able to piece together their lives. It was a horrible tragedy and I am sure we will be going back, but I am betting we will see more gaurd rails and things in place to prevent such a tragedy from happening again! God will surely bring good from that horrific event.

No comments:

"Joy is not the absence of trouble but the presence of Christ." William Vander Hoven
As for me and my blog we will serve the Lord :)