Joy is not the absense of trouble but the presence of Christ. William Vander Hoven

Monday, August 30, 2010

Redemption

Lucy has been ready to be baptised for a while, but without having a home church that we really felt was ours we haven't done so. I have baptised her myself in a pool a few years ago when I knew she understood what it meant and knew she was ready. One of the main points with baptism though is the public proclamation of your faith in Jesus Christ as the One Who redeemed you from the price your sin costs.
We have found a great church that is OURS and we are so happy and excited about that!! It is Daystar church in Good Hope, AL. As soon as Lucy heard they were going to be performing baptisms she immediately said she was ready and wanted to do it!
Last night was the night and it was a fabulous night!! We are so very proud of her and the leader she is truly becoming!

She said "my name is Lucy and I love Jesus!" You go girl!! That is our pastor---Pastor Jerry, that is baptising her.

She is under---whoo hoo!

Ok, I know, the pictures aren't great and thankfully we got the whole thing on video too!! We will also get the video from the church. Lucy said when she came out of the water she felt very light! Hallelujah!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

"Joy is not the absence of trouble but the presence of Christ." William Vander Hoven
As for me and my blog we will serve the Lord :)