Joy is not the absense of trouble but the presence of Christ. William Vander Hoven

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Sassy


Poor Sassy is getting old!! She is 16 already!! Amazing---she has been with us through SOOO much!! Last year she lost a lot of weight and we found out she has hypothyroidism. We have been treating her---first with pills but in about 2 weeks she had a throw up marathon which told us that she couldn't handle that. So, we have switched to a topical treatment that I put in her ear. Right after moving to AL, Sassy had another marathon throw up day and was horribly dehydrated. We got her to the vet and they ended up keeping her for 3 days to rehydrate her and get her kidney back to normal function. I really thought that was it and had to prepare myself mentally for what I felt sure was coming. She surprised us all though and turned around great!!


Since then, we have adjusted her meds again and changed her diet, and she is doing beautifully!!! She has put on some weight and is very happy. She even helped Fluffy chase off a stray in the back yard!!! I was amazed to watch her run and jump on that cat!!

We had to take her for a follow up and to check her thyroid and kidney levels and these pictures were taken there. She loves the big window in the exam room---isn't that sweet!!


My goof balls of course were entertaining me while we waited :)


Pretty, pretty!! :)
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

"Joy is not the absence of trouble but the presence of Christ." William Vander Hoven
As for me and my blog we will serve the Lord :)